New forum poster :

Ramos
Art and Game Designer
Art and Game Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GAME ART UPDATES

Post  Ramos on Wed 17 Nov 2010, 1:16 pm

What do you guys think of this main menu ?(blue bars are gonna be animated)

Ramos
Art and Game Designer
Art and Game Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramos on Sun 21 Nov 2010, 10:28 pm

prewiew of matrix world from the game

Ramos
Art and Game Designer
Art and Game Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramos on Tue 30 Nov 2010, 9:05 pm

We are preparing many update for this weekend so here are the most important of them(in matter of art)

Personal computer from motel room main hud`s (here gona be comercials and shit+ a small windows simulator)

Side combat screen art when in comnat mode

Shop art
Ramos
Art and Game Designer
Art and Game Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramos on Mon 06 Dec 2010, 1:13 pm

My last updates to the game are the folowing(only a part of them i did not put all templates or animations here not to spoile to much)

Ramos
Art and Game Designer
Art and Game Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Decatonkeil on Mon 06 Dec 2010, 10:10 pm

Man, that desktop, those overhead view characters with that shadowrun genesis taste... great!

Decatonkeil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramos on Wed 08 Dec 2010, 5:37 pm

Tnx

New update:
- computer screen hud

if you guys could only see how the game looks now ... unfortunately we stopped posting new versions cause we are approaching official release and dont want to spoil it too much
Ramos
Art and Game Designer
Art and Game Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ahile on Sat 11 Dec 2010, 2:40 am

nice work Decatonkeil you got the cyberpunk & art touch but the samurai and reapers are a little exaggerated they look like starcraft space marine , i need to see their face expressions , in other words try to modify their faces , make an angry face for reapers and a demon mask for the samurai, the lobster is too ... you know

and ramos your pixel work is very retro and good i really like it it gives me a melancholic feeling but you need a little work on the view of some objects , some of them are in different views, anyhow pixel artists are usually very hard to find im glad the game has got one

best wishes to all

ahile

Back to top Go down

Thanks ahile

Post  Decatonkeil on Sun 12 Dec 2010, 12:32 am

Thanks for the comment ahile, i found it quite praising. But for me that starcraft thing... is just your impression, i didn't really mean to. In fact this is what I thought of when drawing them:
-Samurai with the hat: i thought of cyborg ninja in MGS2 for the mask in the extent that it looks opaque from the outside but its transparent from the inside -like mirror shades-, the claw is quite like those the assassins in shaiya have, but this one can be retracted as some kind of shield, the pants would be made of plastic plates, and the rest is gantz, meets blade runner.
-Samurai lobster: well, it's a robot, so the model might vary. I thought the helmet could be not just a helmet but a head replacement that looked like it was some kind of creepy multiple eyed crab and also like these hats http://japan-cc.com/images2/komuso86.jpg

About exaggeration, well, most probably, but it's just because i wanted it. It's a rpg and it could eventually turn into an morpg... personalization would be very important, just like in WoW or the like. Maybe you like better the other two samurais I drew in Defense and in Stalking: the first one has the same issue with the mask, but I'm pretty fond of her, and she has an ass (she jumps a lot so there's a lot of muscle, and the armor aids it), she's based on Infinity ninjas. The other one is a mutant and... Yay! You can see his sadist face. Yeah, there I also felt the need to draw them with lighter armor, there's levels and levels, just like in the game.

The reapers, quite the same: the diver one seems like a cross between briareos and a landmate, the other one looks like a guy from the brotherhood of steel in fallout (that's an old design I felt the need to use, and well, there's a lot of heavy armor there in the game, isn't it?)... but then again I like to draw cyberpunks without that many armor. What did i do? Draw them being chicks! So I can draw naked flesh Very Happy

Decatonkeil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramos on Mon 13 Dec 2010, 6:14 pm

Nice drawings Decatonkeil , if you give me the permissions ill use some of them in the actual game ending movie and ofc credits go to you Very Happy

In the meantime i finished creation screen you can choose from 3 races and 3 classes(in the next version we will have i hope + android race and + psi class i dunno)

+ some concept art for the perfect matches:
1. orc + reaper
2. zamolxian + samurai
3. human + hacker

Ramos
Art and Game Designer
Art and Game Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramos on Tue 14 Dec 2010, 8:31 pm

Small preview of the "game over" screen and the remake of the lockpick hud

Ramos
Art and Game Designer
Art and Game Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Decatonkeil on Wed 15 Dec 2010, 8:09 pm

Zamolxian and orc finally? I would have called them bioroid and mutant, but it's ok... as long as you have a backstory for these races. What are their origins? I mean are they genetically engineered, extraterrestrial... is there magic as in shadowrun not just psychic powers like in system shock?
If you want me to write it as ingame text as well as some writing I could do for dialogues, newspapers in the game (like Deus Ex, whether in paper or in news terminals).

The models themselves are top notch, and the game over screen is so authentic: yep, that's a common creepy part on cyberpunk. Not only are there people reconstructed in clandestine clinics, but some of them are ripped apart for replacements for those people. Gorgeous.

Oh, and I'm also glad to see the good looks of the minigames as they advance. Very Happy

P.d: I'm still making art for the different races, the same format I did with androids, a male and a female in a closeup, this time instead of naked (and instead of job gear, to distinguish them from classes), wearing street clothes. You'll see them. Are those old templates I saw depicting implants such as carbon claws and cybereyes still part of the game? And are we maintaining female characters? I hope those are two affirmative answers.

Decatonkeil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramos on Wed 15 Dec 2010, 8:24 pm

I will change to mutant and biogenes i was in a hurry when i placed races Sad

ORC(MUTANT) - engineered race from pre-war with the purpose of super soldiers
ZAMOLXIAN(BIOGENE) - engineered especially for the rough atmosphere of mars , their purpose was to colonize mars but project got abandoned after they had a rebellion for their freedom.
U can use this idea if you want to write something for the wikipedia(yes we will have a small wikipedia in the game notebook he he he )

Tnx for the game over screen feedback Razz although i received some complaints that its a little too gore im gonna ignore them he he he , what can i say its a dark future Very Happy

Minigames - im not very proud of the minigames hud that i made but stress and tiredness is really starting to catch up with me

IMPLANTS - yep , we got some nice implants and 1 of them looks like a cyber skeleton
FEMALE CHARACTERS - yes we got female characters in the game but unfortunately the player wont be able to play with females cause we have little time left and to make all armors templates for inventory and map for females + programing will take at least 2 weeks Sad

I w8 for your new art designs and i still ask : can i use some of them in the actual game ? Razz

Also if you want to test the latest version of the game with all of the above updates implemented just give me your email and ill send the game to you to test it and give suggestions.

Ramos
Art and Game Designer
Art and Game Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Decatonkeil on Wed 15 Dec 2010, 9:04 pm

Of course, use all them pictures if you want! I only hope I can finish those 3 before you need them all.
Okay, I'll write some wikipedia: you know, terms on technology, corporations, maybe about gang activity (even the ones to come in the multiplayer version), maybe mentioning the upcoming space colonies... okay, I love that kind of creative part. I'll send you some texts when I got them on game text updates (you won't have to wait too much I think). Then you'll check them to correct contradictions or whatever.

okay, my mail I'll send you a pm.

Decatonkeil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramos on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 5:20 pm

tnx

Write in wiki about these entries:

-MUTANTS (appeared during the war in project "super-soldier")
-BIOGENES (appeared after the war in project "blue beam" for mars colonization purpose , thing that never happened because although it is cyberpunk we try not to exaggerate too much with planets colonizations but rather a "possible" dark future)

KBLACK did entries for wikipedia for enemies , here is a small spoiler(you may take this as an example, text must not be big)

BESTYARITY:

Easy Punks:
These punks roam the streets seeking cheap thrills. They’ll mug you for nothing more than a dozen credits.
They aren’t organized as a gang, but they’ll randomly team up to take on larger groups of bystanders.
Reckless,they’re easier to kill than to scare.

Easy Bodyguard:
Bodyguards are most often hired for VIP protection, but sometimes as relatively cheap and accessible guards to
defend buildings. Human bodyguards almost always pack a gun of some kind to take on bigger threats.
Despite this, they’re lightly armored.

Medium bodyguard:
Bodyguards are most often hired for VIP protection, but sometimes as relatively cheap and accessible guards to
defend buildings. Android bodyguards aren’t scared of taking a bullet for their boss. They favor melee
weapons in combat. Like most androids, their toughness counterbalances their sluggishness.

Bugs:
Side-products of bio-engineering and radiation during the war, many facilities studying them were breached when
corporations took military control, letting them free to lay spawn in the wild. While they are easily put down
individually, they’re often encountered in groups which makes them more of a threat. If they take their
prey by surprise, their bite can be quite nasty. They are drawn to tight spaces.

Failed experiment:
Corrupted remains of the super soldier program. As with bugs, some were let out of the labs they were created in
during the Great War. Usually lacking free will, they are drawn to abandoned buildings where they feed on vermin.
They attack humans and animals on sight. They’re very slow, but their desensitized nervous system let them ignore
damage until they’re dead. Their bulging muscles and huge claw-ended arms make them a threat up-close.

Hell Owners:
The Hell Owners are Dust Cove’s most prominent gang. In addition to mugging and looting, their activities include
drug and android traffic. A lot of Hell Owners are combat veterans and rarely say no to a good fight. Some of them
don heavy armors and favor melee weapons, while others prefer to stay lightly armored and use guns to kill their
enemies from afar. They can be found all around town, but they have a hideout in the industrial district.

Corporate security agent:
These agents are a corporation’s first line of defense against intruders. Their job is to stay alert and sound the
alarm to call backup if something unusual happens. Studies have proven that customers and employees feel threatened
when surrounded by heavily armed guards, so security agents wear no armor and carry only concealable weapons.
This makes it possible to kill them before they have a chance at sounding the alarm.

Corporate defender android:
It’s not uncommon for corporations to hire androids as the mainstay of their defense force; they require little
training, they work around the clock and many of them can be stored in a small room. Usually deployed in teams of 2,
they are good shooters with decent speed and armor. A good hacker might be able to find and hack into their
control network to shut them down or change their programming.

The Order Striker:
Usually part of 4-man tactical squads, strikers are highly trained, heavily equipped and fully-networked Order
troops. They can change their armaments according to the situation and use advanced tactics developed especially
to bring freelancers to justice.

The Order agent:
Your average street cop. They can be found patrolling major streets and can be very helpful if you stay on the
right side of the law. To cut costs, The Order often fields them alone and with little equipment. This makes them
quite vulnerable to surprise attacks by thrill gangs, which often dissuades them from patrolling the city’s hottest
spots. When in teams of two or more, they can hold their ground while backup arrives.

Ramos
Art and Game Designer
Art and Game Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramos on Sun 19 Dec 2010, 7:02 pm

Working on tutorial

Ramos
Art and Game Designer
Art and Game Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramos on Sun 19 Dec 2010, 10:05 pm

A zeppelin and a helicopter for city view, they will be a lot smaller in the game

Ramos
Art and Game Designer
Art and Game Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ahile on Sun 02 Jan 2011, 3:09 am

seems i was wrong i see ther were updates, i read somewere game was to be released before 25 dec , what happend, game got delayd or canceld ?

Ahile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramos on Sun 02 Jan 2011, 9:41 am

New release date was delayed to 7 ian

Meantime :
achivments

Credit screen
Ramos
Art and Game Designer
Art and Game Designer

View user profile